Philip Glass - Einstein On The Beach - Highlights album flac
In this seminal work of late 20th century opera, Philip Glass created what are known as "knee plays"-short interludes that provide time for scenery.
Einstein on the Beach is an opera in four acts (framed and connected by five "knee plays" or intermezzos), composed by Philip Glass and directed by theatrical producer Robert Wilson. The opera eschews traditional narrative in favor of a formalist approach based on structured spaces laid out by Wilson in a series of storyboards. The music was written "in the spring, summer and fall of 1975".
This album has an average beat per minute of BPM (slowest/fastest tempos:, BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page. Tracklist Einstein on the Beach. BPM Profile Einstein on the Beach. Album starts at BPM, ends at BPM (+0), with tempos within the -BPM range. Try refreshing the page if dots are missing). Recent albums by Philip Glass. Cluster Ensemble Plays Philip Glass. The Perfect American.
RECORDINGS: Einstein on the Beach Highlights on Nonesuch Satyagraha on Sony Masterworks Akhnaten on Sony Masterworks Glass Masters on Sony Masterworks Songs from the Trilogy on Sony Masterworks Philip Glass: Up Close on Orange Mountain Music Einstein on the Beach on CBS Masterworks. BOOKS: Music by Philip Glass by Philip Glass. The new album features all new music including the world premiere recordings of new works by Philip Glass, Gavin Bryars, David Skidmore, Peter Martin, and Robert Dillon.
Mixed at The Looking Glass Studio. Front cover photograph and other production photographs taken July 24 & 25, 1992 at the McCarter Theater Center for the Performing Arts, Princeton, New Jersey. The chorus appears on tracks1-1 to 1-5, 2-2 to 2-4, 3-1, 3-2 (men), 3-3, 3-7 & 3-8 (women). Booklet in English, French & German. Total playing time: - CD1: 62'17" - CD2: 65'36" - CD3: 72'47".
Glass: Einstein on the Beach - The Sony Opera House. Includes FREE MP3 version of this album. Glass: Einstein on the Beach.
Einstein on the Beach: Act II, Scene 1 - Dance 1 Field with Spaceship (Missing Lyrics). 6. Einstein on the Beach: Act II, Scene 2 - Night Train (Missing Lyrics). 7. Einstein on the Beach: Knee Play 3 (Missing Lyrics). 8. Einstein on the Beach: Act III, Scene 1 - Trail, Prison (Missing Lyrics). 9. Einstein on the Beach: Act III, Scene 2 - Dance 2 Field with Spaceship (Missing Lyrics). 10. Einstein on the Beach: Knee Play 4 (Missing Lyrics). 11. Einstein on the Beach: Act IV, Scene 1 - Building (Missing Lyrics). 12. Einstein on the Beach: Act IV, Scene 2 - Bed (Missing Lyrics).
Philip Glass Ensemble.
Einstein On The Beach. By: Philip Glass (1979, Classical). More albums from Philip Glass: Kundun (Music From The Original Soundtrack) by Philip Glass. Violin Concerto, Concerto Grosso No. 5 by Philip Glass. Cute by Philip Glass. Glass Organ Works – Music Of Philip Glass by Philip Glass. Animals In Love by Philip Glass. Satyagraha by Philip Glass. The Thin Blue Line by Philip Glass. Glassworks by Philip Glass. View all albums . Einstein On The Beach.
Album · 1978 · 14 Songs. By Philip Glass & Robert Wilson - The Philip Glass Ensemble, Michael Riesman, Iris Hiskey, Lucinda Childs & Sheryl Sutton. 1. Einstein On the Beach: Knee Play 1. 3:52. 2. Einstein On the Beach, Act I, Scene I: Train (feat. The Philip Glass Ensemble, Michael Reisman, Iris Hiskey & Sheryl Sutton. 3. Einstein On the Beach, Scene II: Trail.
|5||All Men Are Equal||1:19|
|Trial 2: Prison|
|10||Prematurely Air-Conditioned Supermarket||4:08|
|12||I Feel The Earth Move||1:14|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Elektra Entertainment
- Copyright (c) – Nonesuch Records Inc.
- Record Company – Time Warner
- Made By – Warner Music Manufacturing Europe
- Recorded At – The Looking Glass Studios
- Produced At – Euphorbia Productions Ltd.
- Mixed At – The Looking Glass Studios
- Published By – Dunvagen Music Publishers, Inc.
- Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone, Flute – Richard Peck
- Baritone Vocals – Gregory Purnhagen, Jeff Kensmoe, Peter Stewart
- Concept By – Coralie Salem, Hervé Boissière
- Conductor – Michael Riesman
- Directed By [Design & Direction] – Robert Wilson
- Directed By [Musical Director], Keyboards – Michael Riesman
- Directed By [Opera By] – Philip Glass, Robert Wilson
- Engineer – Dante DeSole, James Law
- Engineer [Assistant] – Benno Hotz
- Flute, Piccolo Flute, Bass Clarinet – Andrew Sterman
- Keyboards – Martin Goldray
- Liner Notes [Notes] – Florent Kohler-Starakis
- Liner Notes [Transelations By (english)] – Hugh Graham
- Liner Notes [Transelations By (german)] – Byword, London*
- Mezzo-soprano Vocals – Elsa Higby, Katie Geissinger, Margo Gezairlian Grib
- Mixed By – Michael Riesman
- Music By, Lyrics By – Philip Glass
- Other [Realization] – Mr BroWn
- Performer – The Philip Glass Ensemble
- Photography By [Opera Collection] – Gérard Amsellem
- Photography By [Photo Page 2] – Tom Caravaglia
- Producer – Kurt Munkacsi, Michael Riesman
- Soloist, Soprano Vocals – Patricia Schuman (tracks: 16 to 20)
- Soprano Saxophone, Flute – Jon Gibson
- Soprano Vocals – Kristin Norderval, Lisa Bielawa, Marion Beckenstein, Michèle A. Eaton*
- Sound Designer – Kurt Munkacsi
- Tenor Vocals – Eric W. Lamp, Jeffrey Johnson, John Koch
- Violin – Gregory Fulkerson
- Voice [Spoken Text] – Gregory Dolbashian, Jasper McGruder, Lucinda Childs, Sheryl Sutton
- Words By [Text Written By] – Christopher Knowles (tracks: 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 10, 12), Lucinda Childs (tracks: 10), Mr. Samuel M. Johnson* (tracks: 5, 20)
NotesOriginally released in 1993.
Highlights from the Opera.
Premiere: Avignon Festival (25.VII.1976).
Recorded: I - VI.1993, The Looking Glass Studios, New York City.
Produced for Euphorbia Productions Ltd., NYC.
Mixed at The Looking Glass Studios.
Philip Glass is representing by International Production Associates, Inc., NYC.
The photographs illustrating Opera Collection are from the archives of Gérard Amsellem. They are taken from performances at the Opéra de Lyon and do not necessarily represent the works or the artist on the present recording.
Booklet illustrations courtesy of AKG, Paris.
Concept: Warner Classics, France.
© 1976 Dunvagen Music Publishers, Inc.
℗ 1993 Elektra Entertainment
© 1996 Nonesuch Records
A Time Warner company
Made in Germany by Warner Music Manufacturing Europe
Total running: 75'44"
Comes in a jewel case (transparent tray) with a 14-page booklet.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 75597 94359 7
- Matrix / Runout: 755979435-9.2 01/01
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L011
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 05D1
- Distribution Code: WE 807
- Label Code: LC 0286
- Rights Society: GEMA
- Rights Society: BIEM
- SPARS Code: DDD
|7559-79323-2||Philip Glass / Robert Wilson||Philip Glass / Robert Wilson - Einstein On The Beach (3xCD, Album)||Elektra Nonesuch||7559-79323-2||Europe||1993|
|79323-4||Philip Glass / Robert Wilson||Philip Glass / Robert Wilson - Einstein On The Beach (3xCass, Album)||Elektra Entertainment||79323-4||US||1993|
|79323-2||Philip Glass / Robert Wilson||Philip Glass / Robert Wilson - Einstein On The Beach (3xCD, Album)||Elektra Nonesuch||79323-2||USA & Canada||1993|
|7559-7935-9||Philip Glass||Einstein On The Beach (CD, Album)||Elektra||7559-7935-9||Germany||1993|
|9 79323-2||Philip Glass||Einstein On The Beach (4xCD, Album)||Elektra Nonesuch||9 79323-2||US||1993|