Donny Hathaway - Live album flac
A Song for You" is a song written and originally recorded by rock singer-songwriter and pianist Leon Russell for his first solo album Leon Russell, which.
Опубликовано: 24 мар. 2018 г. Donny Hathaway Live The Ghetto. WMG; PEDL, CMRRA, Warner Chappell, LatinAutor, UBEM, BMI - Broadcast Music In. LatinAutor - Warner Chappell" и другие авторские общества (3).
A Donny Hathaway Collection - Donny Hathaway. Открывайте новую музыку каждый день. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей коллекцией
Live is a 1972 live album by American soul artist Donny Hathaway. It was recorded at two concerts: side one at The Troubadour in Hollywood, and side two at The Bitter End in Greenwich Village, Manhattan. The album features some traditional soul anthems, such as Marvin Gaye's 1971 hit "What's Going On", but also Carole King's pop standard "You've Got a Friend".
Live is a 1972 live album (see 1972 in music) by American soul artist Donny Hathaway. The album features some traditional soul anthems, such as Marvin Gaye's 1971 hit "What's Going On", but also Carole King's pop standard "You've Got a Friend"
Donny Edward Hathaway (October 1, 1945 – January 13, 1979) was an American soul singer, keyboardist, songwriter, and arranger. Hathaway signed with Atlantic Records in 1969 and with his first single for the Atco label, "The Ghetto", in early 1970, Rolling Stone magazine "marked him as a major new force in soul music
Donnie Hathaway - Live - is one of those really rare in-person performance CDs where everything comes together, you don't just get the music, you get the sweat, the movement, the cachunk, the entire spectrum of emotion. Hathaway was not a virtuoso singer, but it would be hard to find another performer able to deliver more raw sincerity. I am a Donny Hathaway fan, hands down and no question about it. This album is another great and the caliber of his vocal skills shine through in this live recording. I take nothing away from him by what I am going to say next. In close competition for my affections and attention is the band backing him!!!
Free Download "Donny Hathaway - 1972 - Live" Album. Find out more about the artist and the album. gr A Funk, Soul, Jazz & R&B digital record collection. Donny Hathaway – 1972 – Live. Rip, posting & additional info’s by Nikos. Massively beautiful work from the great Donny Hathaway! After two studio albums that had firmly put him on the map as one of the 70s best soul talents, Atco had the genius to have Donny record this live album before very enthusiastic crowds in Hollywood and New York
Complete your Donny Hathaway collection. Live (Cass, Album, Sli). Vendre cette version. ATL 40 369, SD 33-386. Live (LP, Album, Club, CRC). Live (LP, Album, Club, Gat).
Donny Hathaway's 1972 Live album is one of the most glorious of his career, an uncomplicated, energetic set with a heavy focus on audience response as well as the potent jazz chops of his group. The results of shows recorded at the Troubadour in Hollywood and the Bitter End in New York, the record begins with Hathaway's version of the instant soul classic "What's Going On," Marvin Gaye's original not even a year old when Hathaway recorded this version.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||What's Goin' On
Written-By – Alfred Cleveland*, Marvin Gaye, Renaldo Benson
Written-By – Donny Hathaway, Leroy Hutson
Written-By – Earl DeRouen
|A4||You've Got A Friend
Written-By – Carole King
|B1||Little Ghetto Boy
Written-By – Earl DeRouen, Edward Howard
|B2||We're Still Friends
Written-By – Donny Hathaway, Glenn Watts
Written-By – John Lennon
|B4||Voices Inside (Everything Is Everything)
Written-By – Philip Upchurch*, Ric Powell, Richard Evans
- Record Company – Kinney Music GmbH
- Licensed To – Kinney Music GmbH
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Published By – Jobete
- Published By – Don-Pow
- Published By – Southern
- Published By – Screen Gems-Columbia
- Published By – Kuumba
- Published By – Maclen
- Published By – Simba Music
- Recorded At – The Troubadour
- Recorded At – The Bitter End Cafe
- Mastered At – Atlantic Studios
- Pressed By – Teldec-Press GmbH
- Printed By – Druckhaus Maack KG
- Arranged By [All The Arrangements Are By] – Donny Hathaway
- Bass – Willie Weeks
- Congas [Conga Drums] – Earl DeRouen
- Drums – Fred White
- Engineer [Recording] – Ray Thompson (tracks: A1 to A4), Tom Fly* (tracks: B1 to B4)
- Guitar – Mike Howard
- Lead Guitar – Cornell Dupree (tracks: B1 to B4), Phil Upchurch (tracks: A1 to A4)
- Mastered By [Runout-Etch] – GP*
- Photography By [Backliner Photo] – Merrill A. Roberts, Jr.*
- Photography By [Front Cover Photo] – Jim Cummins
- Photography By [Inside Liner Photo], Design [Album], Art Direction – Jeffrey Blue*
- Producer – Arif Mardin, Jerry Wexler (tracks: B1 to B4)
- Remix [Re-mixed By] – Arif Mardin
- Typography [Hand Lettering] – Terry Dale
- Vocals, Electric Piano, Piano, Organ – Donny Hathaway
NotesA-side recorded live at the Troubadour in Hollywood and engineered for Wally Heider Studios.
B-side recorded live at the Bitter End in New York and engineered for Record Plant.
Bass solo during "Voices Inside (Everything Is Everything)" is taken from a performance recorded at the Troubadour in Hollywood.
Members of the band sing background vocals on "Little Ghetto Boy" and "Jealous Guy".
A1 — Jobete, BMI
A2 — Don Pow / Southern, BMI
A3, B1 — Don Pow, BMI
A4 — Screen Gems-Columbia, BMI
B2 — Kuumba, ASCAP
B3 — Maclen, BMI
B4 — Don Pow / Simba, BMI
Unverkäufl. Warenprobe ohne Wert
℗ 1973 Atlantic Recording Corp.
Made in Germany - A Product of Kinney Music GmbH.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (A-side label): 722 431
- Matrix / Runout (B-side label): 722 432
- Matrix / Runout (A-side runout inscription): ST-C-722431A AT/GP Manufactured in Germany PR
- Matrix / Runout (B-side runout inscription): ST-C-722432A AT/GP Manufactured in Germany PR
- Rights Society (Germany): GEMA
- Rights Society (U.S.A.): BMI
- Rights Society (U.S.A.): ASCAP
|SD 33-386||Donny Hathaway||Live (LP, Album, PR )||ATCO Records||SD 33-386||US||1972|
|ATL 40 369||Donny Hathaway||Live (LP, Album, RE)||Atlantic||ATL 40 369||Europe||1976|
|ATL 40 369, SD 33-386||Donny Hathaway||Live (LP, Album, RE)||Atlantic, Atlantic||ATL 40 369, SD 33-386||Germany||1973|
|28.029||Donny Hathaway||Live (LP, Album)||WEA||28.029||Brazil||1979|
|SD 33-386||Donny Hathaway||Live (LP, Album, RE, PR )||ATCO Records||SD 33-386||US||Unknown|